Friday, September 15, 2017

Stretching: Priority #1 in Preventing Injury

Whether it’s yoga class or a pre-workout warm-up, stretching has become an accepted practice when it comes to preventing injury.  However, even those of us who know better can always find ourselves with less time than we’d like for physical activity, and when we’re pressed for time, stretching is usually the first thing to go.

The result is more than just reduced performance in our activity of choice; by failing to stretch properly, we are putting ourselves at risk for injury.  Stretching all of the major muscle groups at least twice a week can help prevent injury and increase mobility, according to the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), which is why chiropractors make regular stretching a key part of any wellness regimen.

The Chiropractic Connection to Stretching

Here’s a crash course in chiropractic medicine for you: as part of the normal wear and tear of daily life, as well as accumulated trauma caused by illness or physical injury, the neck and spine are regularly subject to getting pushed out of alignment.  Apart from causing incredible back pain, these misalignments pinch nerves that run throughout the body, which can result in pain and reduced function in any or every major bodily system (these pinches are called subluxations).

While it’s not possible to entirely remove the risk of subluxations occurring, it is possible to strengthen the muscles needed to prevent them from arising in the first place.  In particular, stretching the muscles in the core, back, and neck regularly—for even a few minutes at a time, two or three times a week—can help prevent misalignments that lead to further injury.  And of course, stretching also prevents injury in larger muscle groups.  Win-win!

Dangers of Improper Stretching

As beneficial as stretching can be, it must be kept in mind that stretching is only helpful so long as it is done correctly; if stretches are performed improperly, it can pull the body into unnatural, uncomfortable postures that put increased strain on the joints and muscles.  By stretching too deeply or incorrectly, you can even damage important tissues or prolong injury.  Consult your chiropractor or functional medicine practitioner for counsel on the correct stretches for your physical ability and medical history to make sure you’re helping, not hurting yourself!

 

Questions about how can we help?

Give us a call (850) 785-9372

The post Stretching: Priority #1 in Preventing Injury appeared first on Chiropractor Panama City.

4 comments:

  1. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome @gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is unbelievable i have be suffering for Herpes Infection Dr.Edidia who helped me in my life, i want to inform the public how i was cured from Herpes Infection by Dr.Edidia,i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms disease and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on Herpes infection and i saw so many blogs comment of people talking about how Dr Edidia cured them.so i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me,experiencing changes all over me as the great Dr.Edidia assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to the doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE,my Herpes infection out negative.my prayer for Dr Edidia am cured you can also get your self and friends i will advise if you have any sickness at all you can contact now: dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or cell whatsapp number:+2349074505296 or website https://dredidiaherbalhome.wixsite.com/dredidiaherbalhome his facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Edidia-Herbal-Cure-105172711331669
    my private email: vinnyjude02@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your Blog . I  have experienced the opening and closing of the heart or spiritual heart and message center. And have been releasing many testimony that have been helpful and still were held in my heart. I have been writing and posting up over this past month and in it's help a lot of people on their health problems and have come greater expressions of love and compassion for myself and others. I found that these past testimony that I have been posting at the time of mine get more attention in these blogs on information about herbal treatment of Dr Itua. I had no idea they were still being hell of sick people around the world till the deep posting  began and they came into awareness.Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
    Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blogsite. All my love,

    ReplyDelete